Lift For Life Gym is a non-profit, after-school program located in St. Louis’ inner city that serves disadvantaged, at-risk youth, ages 8-18 years, six days a week, year around. We offer impactful fitness programs such as Olympic-Style Youth Weightlifting, Zumba, and team sports, as well as recreational activities such as summer camps, music, and art. We also make sure our youth members have necessary resources such as college preparation courses, tutoring services, cooking classes and daily transportation between the Gym and home. All of our services are free to our youth members.
Lift For Life Gym’s largest fundraiser of the year is St. Louis Microfest, a craft beer festival. Each year 6,000 individuals attend the 2-day festival in May.
POSITION TITLE: Festival Assistant Internship
Classification: 16 week, part-time internship (10-15 hours per week)
Supervisor: Development Manager
Responsible for assisting the Development Manager with planning for the organization’s largest fundraising event St. Louis Microfest.
St. Louis Microfest:
- Site planning to include but not limited to communication with vendors, sponsors, and brewers regarding details for the event.
- Research groups and clubs that could be approached to volunteer at the festival. Help maintain and communicate with event volunteers.
- Develop marketing materials to promote the event (advertisements, posters, flyers, etc.) as well as materials to be used at the event (program book, signage, contact lists, etc.)
- Assist with coordination of various event committees such as logistics, volunteer recruitment and marketing.
Other Duties Assigned:
- Developing, writing and editing news stories for the monthly e-newsletter
- Coordinating all of LFLG’s social media pages by writing and posting relevant content as well as replying to comments, messages, etc.
This position will have hours between 9:00am – 4:00pm on Monday thru Thursday.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Adobe Creative Suite experience desired.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to write with a creative flair is desired, as well as experience with Facebook, and Twitter.
- Excellence time management, organizational and judgment skills.
- Working toward Masters or BS/BA in Event Management or Non-Profit Management.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lauren Sauer at email@example.com or call (314) 616-7205 for more information.