Lift For Life Gym is a non-profit, after-school program located in St. Louis’ inner city that serves disadvantaged, at-risk youth, ages 8-18 years, six days a week, year around. We offer impactful fitness programs such as Olympic-Style Youth Weightlifting, Zumba, and team sports, as well as recreational activities such as summer camps, music, and art. We also make sure our youth members have necessary resources such as college preparation courses, tutoring services, cooking classes and daily transportation between the Gym and home. All of our services are free to our youth members.
POSITION TITLE: Fitness Program Intern
Classification: Part- time, 3 evenings a week for 12-16 weeks
Supervisor: Program Director
Responsible for providing the youth members the opportunity to participate in the LFLG fitness activities programs while learning the benefits of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The Fitness Intern must be positive, energetic and team-oriented.
- Monitors fitness area and youth fitness activity three times per week.
- Leads youth fitness workouts and assists with youth fitness programs as specified on the volunteer calendar of activities.
- Ensures that fitness programs and activities are organized and engaging and result in high participation. Ensure programs are gender inclusive and are sensitive to cultural diversity and gender.
- Assist Gym staff when necessary.
- Assists the Gym Program Director in implementing any program or activity changes to improve results.
- Check all equipment & area prior to use for safety and hazard conditions, report any abnormal conditions to the Gym Program Director.
This position will have hours between 3:00pm – 6:00pm on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
- Must be least 18yrs old.
- Experience working with youth is preferred.
- Background in age appropriate fitness exercises & activities, nutrition and program planning.
- Must have strong initiative and leadership.
- Must have the ability to provide motivation, encouragement and emotional support to youth.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lauren Sauer at email@example.com or call (314) 616-7205 for more information.