Lift For Life Gym is a non-profit, after-school program located in St. Louis’ inner city that serves disadvantaged, at-risk youth, ages 8-18 years, six days a week, year around. We offer impactful fitness programs such as Olympic-Style Youth Weightlifting, Zumba, and team sports, as well as recreational activities such as summer camps, music, and art. We also make sure our youth members have necessary resources such as college preparation courses, tutoring services, cooking classes and daily transportation between the Gym and home. All of our services are free to our youth members.
Lift For Life Gym produces two major fundraising events each year, St. Louis Microfest and Lift For Life Music along with several 3rd party fundraisers. The successes of these events are critical to supporting our youth programs.
POSITION TITLE: Special Event & Marketing Intern
Classification: 12-16 week, part-time internship (10-20 hours per week)
Supervisor: Development Manager
Responsible for assisting the Development Manager with implementing events, marketing, social media and public relation efforts for Lift For Life Gym to promote and enhance youth experiences.
- Assisting in the planning and implementing of ongoing events depending on the time of year.
- Site planning
- Volunteer coordination
- Marketing materials
- Committee planning
- Developing, writing and editing news stories for the monthly e-newsletter as well as the annual paper newsletter.
- Helping create and design LFLG’s End of Year Appeal campaign to individual and corporate donors.
- Coordinating all of LFLG’s social media pages by writing and posting relevant content as well as replying to comments, messages, etc.
This position will have hours between 9:00am – 4:00pm on Monday thru Thursday.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Adobe Creative Suite experience desired.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to write with a creative flair is desired, as well as experience with Facebook, and Twitter.
- Excellence time management, organizational and judgment skills.
- Working toward Masters or BS/BA in Marketing, Event Management or Non-Profit Management.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lauren Sauer at email@example.com or call (314) 616-7205 for more information.